The oceans contain most of the water on earth. Therefore, option A is correct.Which ocean contains the most water?
The largest and deepest ocean basin in the world is the Pacific Ocean. The Pacific Ocean basin is by far the largest in the world, covering around 63 million square miles and holding more than half of the planet's free water.
About 97 percent of the water on Earth is in the ocean; the other 3 percent is in glaciers and ice, underground in rivers and lakes. Approximately 97 percent of the 332 million cubic miles of water that make up the world's entire water supply are located in the ocean.
More than 70% of the surface of our globe is covered by the water. It's difficult to believe, yet our oceans contain nearly 97 percent of the water on Earth.
Thus, option A is correct.
To learn more about the ocean, follow the link;
What units of measurement do scientists use?
What does the atmosphere do for us
An Erlenmeyer flask contains 25.00 mL of 0.10 M HCl. What is the pH of the solution? –1.0 0.40 1.0 –1.6
The pH of the solution is 1.
Concentration of HCl solution = 0.10 M
1 mole of HCl gives 1 mole of ions.
The pH of the solution is defined as negative logarithm of ions in the solution.Mathematically written as
The pH of the solution is 1.
What do non polar molecules have in common? And... What do polar molecules have in common?
Please help me!!!!!
The finished product or waste that forms as a result of a process is known as _______. A.
Calculate the rms speed of an oxygen gas molecule, o2, at 29.0 ∘c . express your answer numerically in meters per second.
The rms speed of an oxygen gas molecule : 485.17 m/sFurther explanation
Kinetic Molecular Theory (KMT) states that a gas consists of molecules that move at a constant and random speed. The collisions between molecules are perfectly elastic so that no energy is wasted.
The molecules move in straight lines until they collide
Energy because this motion is expressed as Kinetic energy (KE) which can be formulated as:
The average kinetic energy value is only affected by temperature changes. The higher the temperature, the average kinetic energy of the molecule increases
This molecule is very small when compared to the distance between molecules, so the volume of gas contains mostly empty space
Gas particles move randomly (both speed and direction , as vector)
Average velocities of gases can be expressed as root-mean-square averages. (V rms)
R = gas constant, T = temperature, Mm = molar mass of the gas particles
From the question
R= 8.314 J/mol K
T = 29 + 273 = 302 K
Mm = molar mass O₂ = 2.16 = 32 g/mol = 32.10-3 kg/molLearn more
inertia affect during a collision
Keywords: Kinetic Molecular Theory, Collisions, The average kinetic energy , the rms speed, gas molecule
How many phosphate bonds are responsible for the high energy content of ATP? A) one B) two C) three D) four
2. Choose the 2 atoms that are isotopes. Think about what isotopes have in common and what they have that differs. * 1 point
16 protons, 18 neutrons, 16 electrons
17 protons, 18 neutrons, 18 electrons
17 protons, 18 neutrons, 17 electrons
16 protons, 15 neutrons, 16 electrons
the two atoms with 16 protons
if the number of protons are equal, they are of the same element but the number of neutrons should be different
Whichof the following is not determined by the type and arrangement of atoms in a mineral? A. Thermal properties
B. magnetic properties
C. electrical properties
D. its position on a hillside